Recognized Provincial Historic Site where the
first successful transatlantic cable was laid between Valentia Island to
Hearts Content, Newfoundland on the 14th July 1866. The cable was
laid by the largest ship of that time 'The Great Eastern'. The
cable station houses a visitor information center and various equipment
explaining the important role Heart's Content played in the
Transatlantic Communication for over 100 years.